NICU at Inova L.J. Murphy Children’s Hospital in Falls Church, VA
Fairfax Neonatal Associates NICU
Fairfax Neonatal Associates’ Neonatologists and Neonatal Nurse Practitioners (NNPs) have delivered intensive care services for premature and critically ill infants at the Inova L.J. Murphy Children’s Hospital since 1973. Our Neonatal Care Team serves over 1,200 neonatal patients and their families annually, including infants born elsewhere and transported to the Fairfax Neonatal Associates Neonatal Intensive Care Unit. We provide life-saving procedures and intensive care with state-of-the-art technology and equipment.
Highlights of the Fairfax Neonatal Associates Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU)
- Level IV NICU – the highest designated level for the most critical and premature neonates
- 24/7 staffing coverage by our board-certified / board-eligible Neonatologists and NNPs
- 108 beds – private single and double occupancy rooms
- Availability of over 35 pediatric specialties
- Patient-centered, family-oriented care environment
- Large family lounge and separate locker space
- Multiple family education areas
- Parent overnight accommodations
- Private lactation room
- March of Dimes family support
- Social work and case management services
- Neonatal nutrition services
- Respiratory, occupational, and physical therapy services
- Neonatal Transport Services to provide care for critically ill neonates born outside of ICH
- The Inova L.J. Murphy Children’s Hospital Neonatal Intensive Care Unit was the first in the Nation to be awarded the Gold Seal of Approval® for Prematurity care by The Joint Commission©.
- Nationally ranked by US News and World Report for Neonatology Services at the Inova L.J. Murphy Children’s Hospital.
Inova L.J. Murphy Children's Hospital
View our Virtual Tour
Our FNA NICU Liaison Staff
The FNA NICU Liaison Staff are medical professionals employed by our medical group to help families navigate through the NICU experience from their infant’s admission to discharge from the Inova L.J. Murphy Children’s Hospital NICU. They also meet with families on the High-Risk Perinatal Unit at Inova Women’s Hospital whose babies are likely to be admitted to the NICU.
The FNA NICU Liaison serves as a link between NICU families and the medical staff of FNA at Inova L.J. Murphy Children’s Hospital to:
- provide family support,
- help families to understand the complexities of the NICU,
- enhance open lines of communication,
- identify areas of improvement in the medical staff/ family relationship, and
- work on your behalf to connect you to appropriate resources.
The FNA NICU Liaison staff may be contacted at (703) 776-3549 (English) or (703) 776-5691 (Spanish).