July 6th 2022
NICU at Inova Fair Oaks Hospital in Fairfax, VA
The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) offers the highest quality of medical care for your newborn. The NICU was one of the first in the country to feature all private rooms. FNA’s highly trained Neonatologists and Pediatric Hospitalists work as a team to provide 24/7 coverage. The physicians collaborate and work hand-in-hand with their colleagues at the Inova Children’s Hospital to provide best clinical practices. Parents are an integral part of the team that delivers family-centered care to promote bonding and early childhood development.
- Care for newborn infants as young as 28 weeks (gestational age)
- Fully-accredited Level III NICU with 19 beds
- Attendance at high risk deliveries and participation in antenatal consultations
- Coordinated care with highly experienced nurses; occupational, speech and physical therapists, dietitians, and case managers
- Private rooms, including 3 twin rooms, each with a sleep chair, bathroom with shower, television, and internet access
- March of Dimes NICU Family Support and classes that include CPR and infant massage
- Access to pediatric specialty services at Inova Children’s Hospital
- Transport to a higher level of care at Inova Children’s Hospital or other NICU as needed
- Care for babies transferred from Inova Children’s Hospital or another NICU to be closer to home
For more information or to schedule a tour, call 703-391-3560 and ask for the charge nurse.
Pediatric Hospitalist Services
For more information about services provided by our Pediatric Hospitalists at Inova Fair Oaks Hospital, please see our Newborn Care and Pediatric Hospitalist page.