September 16th 2019
The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at Inova Loudoun Hospital
The Neonatal Intensive Care Unit (NICU) at Inova Loudoun Hospital offers expert care for newborns with medical conditions requiring specialized skills and observation. FNA’s board-certified Neonatologists and Neonatal Nurse Practitioners provide 24/7 coverage. They collaborate and work with their colleagues at Inova Children’s Hospital to share best clinical practices. The commitment to family-centered care means that parents are an integral part of the care team.
- Care for newborn infants as young as 28 weeks
- Fully-accredited Level IIIA NICU with 12 beds
- Attendance at high-risk deliveries and participation in antenatal consultations
- NicView: access to live images of your baby from home via a secure online portal
- Access to all pediatric specialty services at Inova Children’s Hospital
- Coordination of transport to/from Inova Children’s Hospital or other NICUs for either higher level of care or to be closer to home
- March of Dimes NICU Family Support, which offers CPR, educational programs, and discharge planning assistance
- Option to spend the night with the infant prior to discharge from the hospital
- Inova Loudoun Hospital is currently building a state-of-the-art, 7-story patient care tower which will include a new private room NICU expected to open in 2019.
For more information or to schedule a tour, call 703-858-6350 and ask for the charge nurse.