August 4th 2021
Fetal Care Center at Inova Children’s Hospital
Contact: (703) 776-6371
Coordinated Care for Mother and Baby During and After Delivery
Expecting a baby is an exciting time, full of anticipation for your newest addition to your family. For mothers expecting children with fetal health concerns, like congenital heart or genetic anomalies, this time of joy can turn to one filled with questions and stress. The Fetal Care Center at Inova Children’s Hospital is here to provide specialized care for expectant families in this time of need.
The Fetal Care Center is a single point of contact to assist in navigating information, support, and clinical resources you and your baby may need.
In partnership with obstetricians and maternal fetal medicine specialists, the team of pediatric specialists at the Fetal Care Center is able to provide diagnostics, care planning, and counseling so that families can feel prepared for the time when their baby arrives.
Since Inova Women’s Hospital and Inova Children’s Hospital are co-located, mother and baby remain under the same roof after delivery.
Our board-certified neonatologist, Dr. Margot Ahronovich, serves as the Medical Director of the Fetal Care Center.
The Fetal Care Center at ICH offers:
- Diagnostics and Imaging
- Diagnosis and Treatment of Fetal Anomalies
- Genetics Testing and Counseling
- Lactation Specialists
- Continuum of Care by Obstetricians, Pediatric Subspecialists, and Other Specialists
- Inova Translational Medicine Institute
- Congenital Heart Program
- Inova Children’s Neuroscience Program
- Inova Children’s Craniofacial Program
- Social Work/Child Life Services
- A Level IV Neonatal Intensive Care Unit at ICH